With the Great Lakes Scrip program, families purchase certificates/gift cards at face value. The school purchases these certificates/gift cards from Great Lakes Scrip Center at a discount. Families receive tuition credit of 75% of the stated discount. The PTO receives the additional 25% of this discount.
SCRIP Order Form
SCRIP Program Agreement Form
Getting Started With ShopWithSCRIP
Reload & ReloadNow
1. Where do I get an order form? From the list above. Paper order forms are also on the Scrip table after every Mass and at the Scrip Store on Friday Mornings during school.
2. How do I complete the order form? Find the vendor for which you wish to purchase a gift card from. Choose the denomination and indicate the total quantity. Multiply the quantity by the denomination of the card and put this total in the total column next to the vendor. Total all purchases and write a check to OLPH for that amount. Please double check all the math and ensure that the total ordered matches your check. Please ensure that your full name is on the form. Also the full name of the student’s family if you are purchasing gift cards and the rebate is being donated to a specific family.
3. How do I turn in an order? You may send in your order to the school office with your child. Place it in an envelope with “Scrip” written on the front. All orders must be turned in by 12:00 pm (noon) on Thursdays.
4. When are orders placed and when should we receive them? The office must receive orders by 12:00 pm each Thursday (unless otherwise stated). Orders are placed once a week. You should receive your filled order on Friday of the following week. Having a holiday during the week will delay orders. Card orders placed after Mass are ordered on Sunday and available for pick up the following weekend.
5. How do I receive my order? Your gift cards will be sent home the following Friday. Please mark which child you would like the order to go home with. Once an order is received you will receive a brown 6 x 9 envelope with your information on the front to use for future purchases. In addition, if you would like to pick up your gift cards yourself you may do so at the scrip store or after any of the weekend Masses. However if you choose to pick up your gift cards you must let us know at the time you place the order.
6. How does the tuition credit work? Each family will earn 75% of the stated discount percentage to be applied towards the following year’s tuition. Everything that you purchase from May 1st through April 30th will be applied towards the following school year’s tuition. For example, on the order form you will notice a % next to each line item. If you order $50 of Applebee’s, which has a discount percentage of 8%, you will receive 6% (or $3.00) of tuition credit for that particular purchase.
7. Tax Credit/Rebate designation – Recently the IRS issued a ruling that the rebate portion of the gift cards may be tax deductible if it is donated to a non-profit group (which Our Lady of Perpetual Help is non-profit). In order for this to occur, the first time you purchase gift cards you must fill out the Scrip Program Agreement. This form can be found on the Our Lady of Perpetual Help School website with the registration forms.
If you have any questions regarding this program please contact the program coordinator, Rose Rucker, at hrrose(at)wideopenwest.com or (614) 592-7580.
Click here for the volunteer schedule
Volunteer Schedule for Website.pdf
If interested in volunteering please contact Rose Rucker